Boss refuses to discuss Liverpool approach for German
David Wagner was appointed Huddersfield's new manager last week
DAVID WAGNER has refused to reveal if Jurgen Klopp offered him a coaching role at Liverpool.
 
Wagner worked with Klopp as a coach at Borussia Dortmund.
as has already got to work at the West Yorkshire club, brining in former Liverpool coach Mike Marsh.
It was thought he would join Klopp at Anfield when the latter was appointed boss last month.
 
But Wagner would not be drawn on those suggestions.
"I think it's not the day to speak about Liverpool. We'd like to speak about Huddersfield and our vision and our ideas and our plan," he said.
"So what I can say is, everybody knows I have a good relationship with Jurgen. He's a very good friend of mine.
"I wish him all the best for his work and I know that he wishes us all the best for our work here. We have a restart here at Huddersfield."
When pushed again, he added: "I think we have very good ideas, similar ideas and of course when he went to Liverpool we spoke about his staff and everything like this, but at that moment I was under contract at Dortmund, so this was not the plan for me."
 
with the club languishing 19th in the Championship.
Chris Powell was sacked before the at the weekend, which Wagner watched from the stands.
And the new man outlined his philosophy as he prepares the Town squad for another Yorkshire derby clash, this time at Sheffield Wednesday, after the international break.
"I'm sure you saw some games from Borussia Dortmund in the last four years, especially in the first two years," he said.
 
"Their game was very good and this is what I like to do. I prefer passion in the game, I like speed. I like my teams to score goals.
"Everybody knows the 'full-throttle' football that we try to create. This is what I like to do.
"But you have to work hard to do this, to do this you need a lot of fitness and I know this is possible on each (league) level.
"We did it in the second team at Dortmund and we did it in the first team at Dortmund.
"It depends on the players you have, but in the end it is possible to create this style."

Post a Comment Blogger Disqus

 
Top