Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho slams Arsenal's Arsene Wenger for handshake snub
Jose Mourinho has layed into Arsene Wenger following his handshake snub
JOSE MOURINHO has blasted Arsene Wenger and told him: I would never refuse to shake your hand.
 
The Chelsea boss was snubbed by Wenger on Sunday after the Community Shield at Wembley.

Mourinho was congratulating the Arsenal players after their 1-0 win, and shook the hands of Santi Cazorla, Laurent Koscielny and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain but Wenger went straight passed him without acknowledgement.
 
And the Poruguese, speaking today ahead of the new Premier League season, has called Wenger out for acting like he was on the streets. 
"My perspective is one thing is the streets and the other thing is a football stadium," the Chelsea manager told talkSPORT.
“As a manager in a football stadium, I never refuse a handshake with a rival. By respect of my club and by respect of football I would never refuse a handshake with a football manager in a football stadium.”
 
The FA have introduced a new, formal code of conduct in a bid to crack down on abuse from managers and coaches towards officials.
And Mourinho has welcomed the new code and insists his behaviour has always been up to scratch.
He added: “I am very happy because last season I had fantastic behaviour on the touchline. I was never sent to the stands, I was never punished for my behaviour.
“I always had good relations with the fourth official I had a new experience in my career, which is always welcome, because I was pushed in the technical area by another manager and it was a good experience for me to keep my emotional control.”

Post a Comment Blogger Disqus

 
Top