ANTHONY MARTIAL has revealed that he believes racking up assists is just as important as scoring goals.

 
Anthony Martial: What I've learned from Wayne Rooney at Manchester United
Anthony Martial is seen as Wayne Rooney's long-term replacement
 
The Frenchman arrived at Man United last summer for a fee that could reach £60.6million and has eight goals and three assists so far this season.
And despite the pressure of the massive price tag and goalscoring difficulties under Louis van Gaal, Martial is relaxed about his own goals.
"I have always been considered as an altruistic person," said.
 
"This is something that has been said to me quite a lot. So both giving a decisive pass or scoring a goal means as much to me. In the end, the most important thing is to win as a team.
"I think it’s important to keep working hard to constantly improve and help the team to win titles and get back on top of the league table.
"Yes, I have a number in mind [as a goals target] but I’d rather keep it to myself."
 
Martial arrived as a teenager in the summer and turned 20 in December.
But despite his tender years he already has six caps for France to his name and is one of Europe's highest-rated forwards.
And at United Martial believes he can only get better.
 
"[I improve] by training every day with talented players," Martial added.
"Especially with Rooney, I learn a lot from him.
"I always try to get inspired from him so that I can also become a great player."

Post a Comment Blogger Disqus

 
Top