MANCHESTER UNITED have pulled out of the race to land Pep Guardiola, according to reports.
 
Man United pull out of race to land Man City and Chelsea target Pep Guardiola
Manchester United believe Pep Guardiola's bags are packed for Manchester City
 
Guardiola put the Premier League's big hitters on alert yesterday by confirming he wants to manage in England when he leaves Bayern Munich at the end of the season.

Express Sport understands the Spaniard is heading to Manchester City - and wants Barcelona star Lionel Messi to follow him.

Manchester United and Chelsea have also been linked with Guardiola, who has won 19 trophies in just seven years as a manager.

But according to the Manchester Evening News, United will not challenge their rivals for Guardiola because they believe his deal with City is as good as done.
 
The 44-year-old is odds-on with leading bookmakers for City to be his next destination, despite insisting he has not signed any contract.

"The reason I'm not staying at Bayern is very simple: I want to coach in England in the Premier League," he said. "That's the only reason I'm not extending my contract.

"I have different offers but I haven't decided yet. If I had signed a contract with a club then the club would communicate that. I have nothing signed yet, so I can't say anything about that.
 
"I'm very grateful to Bayern for the huge opportunity they gave me. It was a dream, it is a dream. If I were 60 or 65 I would've stayed, but I think I am too young. I'm 44-years-old and I need a new challenge. That's it, nothing more.

"Bayern gave me an exceptional squad. It would be possible to stay here and win more but I think it's the right time for this new challenge.

"It has been only my second experience as coach. I need new challenges, new experiences. Three years is enough (at Bayern). New players, new stadium, new restaurants, that's what I want. That's the reason, the only reason that I made that choice."

Post a Comment Blogger Disqus

 
Top