ARSENAL boss Arsene Wenger has revealed the first impression he had of Laurent Koscielny before signing him in 2010.
 
Arsene Wenger: The Arsenal star who reminded me of an Italian World Cup winner
Laurent Koscielny is an important player for Arsenal
 
The French defender joined the Gunners for £9.7m from Lorient and has since developed into one of the best centre-backs in Europe.
And Wenger says the 30-year-old reminded him of Italian World Cup winning captain Fabio Cannavaro when he first saw him.
 
He said: "I saw him first playing on TV for Lorient and straight away I was struck by his quality, focus, mobility and pace," Wenger said. 
"He was a bit like [Fabio] Cannavaro.
 
"Not too tall, but very mobile, read the game very well and had great interception qualities.
"I was told by a friend of mine who was his coach a few years earlier that he was a quality player, so I kept an eye on him."

Post a Comment Blogger Disqus

 
Top