CHRISTIAN BENTEKE revealed he was simply following Jurgen Klopp's instructions in his match winning display for Liverpool against Leicester.
 
Liverpool ace Christian Benteke: How my heart-to-heart with Jurgen Klopp helped me score
Christian Benteke celebrates after scoring against Leicester
 
Benteke started the match as a substitute but was brought on in the 38th minute when compatriot Divock Origi was forced off with an injury.
And he got his first goal since November 26 with a right footed shot from inside the area.
 
After the match, Benteke hailed his team-mate's character.
He said: "The last few weeks were hard for us. Today we showed some great character. We have a big squad, some quality players. You have to be patient. 
"I spoke with Jurgen Klopp a few days ago and he explained what he needed from me. And I tried to do it on the pitch. I’m looking forward to 2016. We have to keep going and work hard."

Post a Comment Blogger Disqus

 
Top