The NORMAL One! Jurgen Klopp makes funny comparison to Jose Mourinho at unveiling
Jurgen Klopp believes he is 'The Normal One' to 'The Special One' Jose Mourinho
JURGEN KLOPP has coined himself 'The Normal One' after arriving at Liverpool.
 
Klopp was unveiled at a press conference at Anfield this morning after signing a £7million-a-year three-year contract to replace Brendan Rodgers last night.

And the former Borussia Dortmund boss caused a huge roar of laughter from the assembled media when comparing himself to Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho.

Mourinho labelled himself 'The Special One' when arriving at Stamford Bridge for his first spell in in 2004.
And when asked what he should be called, Klopp initially said: "I don't want to describe myself.

But then he added to widespread laughter: "I am a totally normal guy. I am the normal one maybe?

"I had a great opportunity to take Dortmund for seven years. And now I am here. I want to enjoy my work. People have told me a lot about the English press. It is up to you to show me they are all liars."

The NORMAL One! Jurgen Klopp makes funny comparison to Jose Mourinho at unveiling
Klopp outlines his vision for Liverpool during a press conference at Anfield
Klopp insisted suggestions he was unhappy with Liverpool owners Fenway Sports Group's transfer committee model during negotiations were incorrect.

"This is a crazy discussion," he added. "It is not a problem. We have talked about it. I am not an idiot.

"All we want to discuss is very good players. I need other people to get the perfect information. When we have this we sign or sell a player. But it is very easy to handle."

The 48-year-old went on to claim Liverpool is one of the biggest clubs in the world, but admitted the task facing him is a tough one.

The NORMAL One! Jurgen Klopp makes funny comparison to Jose Mourinho at unveiling
Klopp poses with Liverpool chairman Tom Werner (right) and chief executive Ian Ayre (left)

The NORMAL One! Jurgen Klopp makes funny comparison to Jose Mourinho at unveiling
Klopp left Borussia Dortmund at the end of last season
"It is the biggest honour I can imagine," Klopp said.
 
"It is one of the biggest clubs in the world. I have an opportunity to try and help in a situation that is not so difficult as some of the people in this room feel. It is a good moment to come here. I am proud.

"The intensity of the football and how the people live football in Liverpool... It is not a normal club. It is a special club."

"The Premier League is one of the most difficult leagues in the world. Only one can be the champion but five, six or seven clubs could be. We have to develop.

"This is a good moment. It is not important who is the winner of the Premier League, only that we play our own game and feel the confidence and trust of the people. We have to change from doubters to believers."
 
 

Post a Comment Blogger Disqus

 
Top