ALEX TEIXEIRA has revealed he did not join Liverpool because their offers were "somewhat windy".

 
Huge Alex Teixeira bombshell: This is why I did not join Liverpool
Alex Teixeira is on his way to the Chinese Super League
 
Liverpool spent most of the January transfer window pursuing a deal for Teixeira.

Reds chief executive Ian Ayre flew out to the USA for talks with Shakhtar Donetsk, who slapped a £38million valuation on the Brazilian forward.

Chelsea were interested in Teixeira too but both clubs baulked at his price-tag, allowing Chinese club Jiangsu Suning to swoop in and pay the fee required.
 
And Teixeira has now opened up on why he did not head to the Premier League.

"Let's put it like this: everyone always knew that I wanted to stay in Europe and move to the English Premier League club," he said.

"But, unfortunately, all the proposals that came from them, were somewhat windy and did not contain anything concrete.

"Now I have received a serious offer from China. Of course, I'm moving there.
 
"At this stage, Brazil national team will move away from me a little further. But let's see what happens in the future!"

When asked about not being able to break any more records in Ukrainian football, he added: "I wanted to make it to the English Premier League one day.

"But until now, all my thoughts have been focused on Shakhtar. As I said, everything happens so fast that I don't even have time to realise it."

Post a Comment Blogger Disqus

 
Top