LIVERPOOL have failed with their second bid for Shakhtar Donetsk striker Alex Teixeira, according to reports.

 
Liverpool rocked as Shakhtar Donetsk reject second Alex Teixeira bid
Liverpool have had a second bid for Alex Teixeira rejected
 
Shakhtar rejected the Reds' initial offer and have now knocked back a second bid of £28m, according to the Daily Mail.
 
It's believed the Russian club are holding out for offers closer to their valuation of £38m and will not back down.
And Teixeira is under contract until 2018, meaning Shakhtar are in no position to rush through a quick sale in January.
 
However, the attacker has made clear his intentions to leave the club and is excited by the prospect of playing in the Premier League.
“I’m trying to be transferred in this January window, and they [Shakhtar] know it," he told Brazilian publication Globo Esporte.
 
“I know that the Premier League is very strong and I’m ready for it. I know I’ll grow enough.”
“I get anxious knowing I have two clubs like Liverpool and Chelsea wanting to hire me - I look forward to an agreement and look forward to the future."

Post a Comment Blogger Disqus

 
Top