LAURENT KOSCIELNY believes after nearly six years at Arsenal he is one of the best defenders in the Premier League.

 
Laurent Koscielny: Why I'm one of the best in the Premier League
Koscielny is a senior professional at Arsenal
 
The 30-year-old joined the Gunners in 2010 from Lorient having started his career in the second tier of French football.
He has become a mainstay of the defence with nearly 250 appearances to his name and while the Frenchman believes he has reached his peak, he also thinks he is still under-rated in the country of his birth. 
“I am trying to stay the same," Koscielny told BeIN Sports.
 
"My performances show that I am one of the best defenders in the league. 
"The difference is that I am attacking my 6th year here and in Ligue 1 I spent just one season. 
"So yes! I think that the English know me better than the French, certainly!
 
"I have had to work harder than certain other players to get to where I am and to have a good career.”
Despite his copious amount of Premier League experience, Koscielny still finds himself behind Mamadou Sakho and Raphael Varane in the pecking order at national team level.
But nevertheless the defender is keen to add to his 23 caps when the European Champioship comes to France this summer.
 
Koscielny added: “What is my aim at the Euros? To go as far as possible: the final!
"The squad has progressed. 
"The World Cup in Brazil did us an enormous amount of good and that has allowed us to arrive at the Euros with more confidence.”

Post a Comment Blogger Disqus

 
Top