JONJO SHELVEY believes Newcastle are as big as his former club Liverpool.

 
Jonjo Shelvey reveals why Newcastle are as big a club as Liverpool
Jonjo Shelvey thrilled to join 'massive club' Newcastle
 
The England international completed a £12million move to St James’ Park from Swansea on Tuesday, signing on a five-and-a-half year deal.
And the former Charlton Athletic youth has rated his new club as big as five-time European champions Liverpool, where he spent three years before joining Swansea in 2013.
 
The 23-year-old midfielder also revealed that he wanted a January move for a ‘new challenge’, with Newcastle sitting inside the relegation zone and a point behind Swansea.
Shelvey said: “It’s down to me now. The penny has got to drop now and I need to press on. I’ve been at Liverpool and I’d put Newcastle in that category.
 
Jonjo Shelvey reveals why Newcastle are as big a club as Liverpool
Jonjo Shelvey spent three years at Liverpool

“I’m a very fortunate boy to be here at a massive club. I’m lucky to find a club in Newcastle that have faith in me.
“It’s a very passionate city and I can’t wait to get started. I never asked to leave Swansea but I needed a new challenge.”

Post a Comment Blogger Disqus

 
Top