JONJO SHELVEY has slammed Swansea for letting him leave the club to join Newcastle.

 
Jonjo Shelvey gives first interview as Newcastle player (and hits out at Swansea!)
Shelvey believes he has a new start at Newcastle
 
The 23-year-old to the north east on Tuesday to bring to an end his two-and-a-half year spell in south Wales.
And Steve McClaren's new signing has wasted no time in telling his former employers that they have missed out on his talents.
"It's going to be Swansea's loss in the end," Shelvey said.
 
"It is good to be here and I am excited. I have been welcomed with open arms. 
"It is a passionate city and I will fit in here the way I play.
"I want game time. I was told I didn't suit the style of Swansea's play by the manager.
 
"But I never once asked to leave. I wasn't going to play, wasn't getting my chance and I needed a new challenge."
Newcastle is Shelvey's sixth Premier League club despite his relatively young age.
But his talent is undeniable with a range of passing and shooting ability which meant he turned down offers from two other clubs before signing on the dotted line at St James' Park.
 
And while he already has , Shelvey is confident that he is a good match with Newcastle's famous fans.
"I was lucky a massive club showed interest in me," he added.
"The Swansea fans got on my back a bit at the end but did not know what was going on behind the scenes. 
"I was training hard and competing for a place in the team and I felt hard done by."

Post a Comment Blogger Disqus

 
Top