Louis van Gaal hits out at Manchester United star (again!)
Bastian Schweinsteiger shakes hands with Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal
LOUIS VAN GAAL has again criticised Manchester United star Bastian Schweinsteiger.
 
United boss Van Gaal spent £6.5million to bring the Germany World Cup winner to Old Trafford in the summer.

But the Dutchman has been critical of Schweinsteiger's performances, suggesting he could play better than he did in United's goalless draw with West Ham on Saturday.

And Van Gaal has again singled out the 31-year-old after his side crashed out of the Champions League following a 3-2 defeat in Wolfsburg.
 
"I cannot say that he was the Schweinsteiger from my period in (Bayern) Munich in this game," Van Gaal said.

"I took him off and I don't take players off for nothing, but we are all human beings and so is Bastian Schweinsteiger.

"He wants to play at the highest level, especially in Germany, to show his qualities, but I can't say he was the Bastian Schweinsteiger I saw during my Bayern Munich days.

"I'm sure he will show his strengths this season."
After Van Gaal's initial criticism, Bayern Munich chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge spoke out in defence of the player allowed to join United.

"I'm a bit disappointed with Louis, he should leave Bastian alone," Rummenigge said. "He was the one who definitely wanted to sign him.

"Bastian needs a bit of time [to adjust]. You can't just give a verdict on him already. Louis is not known for being the hugely sympathetic type."

Post a Comment Blogger Disqus

 
Top