Liverpool goalkeeper Adam Bogdan still adamant he was fouled after Watford howler
Adam Bogdan's howler allowed Nathan Ake to score Watford's opening goal
 
ADAM BOGDAN still feels he was fouled for Watford's first goal in Liverpool's 3-0 defeat at Vicarage Road.
 
The Hungarian, who started in place of the injured Simon Mignolet, dropped a regulation catch from a corner to allow Nathan Ake to poke home for the hosts after just three minutes.
Odion Ighalo's double compounded his misery and made it four games without a win for the Reds.
Jurgen Klopp also admitted he felt Bogdan was fouled in the incident, but the goalkeeper did accept full responsibility for gift-wrapping Ake's strike.
 
"I dropped the ball, of course," Bogdan told Liverpool's club website.
"There's a mistake there. After that I felt my hand was on the ball and I was going to bring it out.
"Obviously he knocked it out of my hand - but we are talking about split-seconds. Through the bodies of course it's hard to see.
"I'm not blaming anybody but myself to drop the first ball.
 
"Watford were really good but we - and myself - gave them a head start.
"It's not easy to recover after a goal like that in the first couple of minutes, it's never going to be easy.
"Of course it hit us and Watford managed to score another goal, which was another blow.
"We tried to come back into the game and I think we gave everything, although I don't think we played very well. But we tried."

Post a Comment Blogger Disqus

 
Top