Leeds boss opens up on future of highly-coveted star
Sam Byram has not started in the last five games
 
STEVE EVANS remains optimistic of keeping Sam Byram at Leeds.
 
The right back is out of contract at the end of the season and several new deals have been rejected by the his agent Colin Pomford.
Byram has long been considered as one of the brightest prospects outside of the Premier League, with Arsenal, Everton and Liverpool all keeping tabs on his progress.
 
The top-flight trio, clubs known for integrating youngsters in their first-team, have all been linked with a cut-price move for the 22-year-old in January.
But Evans, who has refused to start Byram in the last five games amid the ongoing contract situation, has not yet abandoned hope that he might sign a new deal.
“It will be up to the football club of course as to whether they could agree something with another club to do that," Evans said.
 
Leeds boss opens up on future of highly-coveted star
Steve Evans hopeful of keeping Sam Byram
“But I’m still an optimist, I always have been an optimist in my life and I’m hopeful that Sam will want to stay at Leeds United.
“I really do look from outside of the situation of the contract. I am not involved in it but I wonder where he’s going to go that is bigger and better than we are."

Post a Comment Blogger Disqus

 
Top