Crystal Palace ace responds to shock Arsenal interest
James McArthur insists he is fully focused on Crystal Palace
 
JAMES MCARTHUR insists that he is 'not going to listen' rumours linking him with a January move to Arsenal.
 
It has been claimed that Gunners boss Arsene Wenger had identified the Scotland international midfielder as the ideal replacement to provide cover for the injured Francis Coquelin. 
"James McArthur has been outstanding since I've come to Palace. I always admired him at Wigan Athletic, and it's not a surprise to me he's been linked to a top club," Palace boss Alan Pardew said when asked about the rumours. 
 
However, McArthur admits he is paying no attention to the stories as he fully focused on trying to secure European football at Selhurst Park. 
"It's nice of the manager to say, but I'm not going to listen to the rumours. I am just going to go about my job at Crystal Palace, because I am really enjoying my football," the 28-year-old said to the Croydon Advertiser. 
 

Crystal Palace ace responds to shock Arsenal interest
McArthur has been lined up as a replacement for the injured Francis Coquelin

McArthur joined Palace from Wigan in the summer of 2014 for £6million and has made 17 appearances, scoring three goals so far this season. 
And his current contract with the Eagles runs until the summer of 2018.
Up next for Palace is a trip to the Britannia Stadium to take on Stoke (Saturday, 3pm).

Post a Comment Blogger Disqus

 
Top