I'm not convinced by this Liverpool ace, Hamann doesn't have a clue - Murphy
Simon Mignolet has begun talks over signing a new contract at Liverpool
DANNY MURPHY isn't convinced by Simon Mignolet being Liverpool's first-choice goalkeeper.
 
The Belgian goalkeeper has initiated contract talks with the Reds over a new deal this week after Jurgen Klopp insisted he was happy with him as his No.1.
Mignolet had received criticism in recent weeks for some of his performances; that led to former Liverpool legend Dietmar Hamann defending the 27-year-old.
“He’s a very talented goalkeeper," he told talkSPORT. "The issue people always have with him is whether or not he’s mentally strong enough, but for a goalkeeper to come back into the team [after being dropped like he was last season] and do well is not an easy thing to do.
 
“I totally agree with the manager. I wouldn’t swap him for any goalkeeper in the Premier League other than David de Gea and Thibaut Courtois, he’s that good a goalkeeper. He’s still young and he can still improve.
“He has the most clean sheets in the Premier League in 2015 and you don’t do that if you’re not a capable goalkeeper. I hope he stays at the club and I hope he stays as No.1 and, by the sound of it, he will.
“Leave him alone. He’s a top keeper.”
 
I'm not convinced by this Liverpool ace, Hamann doesn't have a clue - Murphy
Jurgen Klopp has given his backing to the Belgian, but Danny Murphy isn't convinced by him
But Murphy insists Hamann is talking rubbish - adding that his claims over Mignolet being the third best goalkeeper in the Premier League are nonsense.
"I’m still not convinced by Mignolet," Murphy told talkSPORT. "I was amazed to hear the Kaiser talking about him being the third best goalkeeper in the Premier League. He has been drinking again!
“Do me a favour. I don’t know what he is talking about. I would love to have a chat with him about it, because he is not watching the same games as me."

Post a Comment Blogger Disqus

 
Top