Gunners ace reveals what persuaded him to join Arsenal
Hector Bellerin says he was impressed by how much Arsenal wanted to sign him

 
HECTOR BELLERIN has revealed reassurances from Arsene Wenger made him want to sign for Arsenal.
 
The Spaniard began his career in his homeland as a graduate from Barcelona's famous La Masia academy.
Bellerin completed a move to Arsenal in 2011 as a 16-year-old before signing his first professional contract two years later.
The right-back has become a key part of Arsene Wenger's plans this season and admits that it was his initial meeting with the Frenchman that helped persuade him to move to north London.
"When you get to 16 at Barcelona, it’s the age that you sign your main contract," he told Arsenal magazine. "I was about to sign that but we knew there were a lot of other options because you always get them from other teams at that time.
 
"I didn’t have the option to come to Arsenal until I was right about to sign with Barcelona. When it came, they were so serious about it, more serious than any other team. 
"They made me feel really wanted. I came here for a weekend. I met the boss and I remember I went to the game. We beat Man United and I remember Ramsey scoring. I still have all those images in my mind.
"To be 16 years old, to be able to speak to the boss and get reassured that they really wanted me, plus seeing all the facilities at the training ground and how easy they were going to make it for me to adapt, it all made me tell my parents that I wanted to come here.
 
Gunners ace reveals what persuaded him to join Arsenal
Hector Bellerin's current contract expires in 2019
 
"I remember I was on the plane back and I already said to my mum that I wanted to come to Arsenal. My mum was like “are you sure you can leave your family and friends?” 
"But there was something inside telling me this was the right choice to make and at the moment, I’m very happy that I made that step."
Bellerin's current contract runs until the summer of 2019.

Post a Comment Blogger Disqus

 
Top