WATFORD boss Quique Flores has revealed the thank-you present that sealed his special relationship with David De Gea.
 
The Manchester United goalkeeper presented the man who gave him his debut with Atletico Madrid with a pocket clock before moving to Old Trafford in 2011.
It is a gesture that warmed Flores' heart, but the Hornets manager knows Saturday's clash could be hard to watch .
"I have a special relationship with him," he said. "He gave me a pocket watch that I have kept.
 
"I train because I have a passion for this profession but I am training for them, the players. When they give me something - a hug is enough for me - but a T-shirt, a glove, a watch, a letter, it is worth it.
"The watch is an antique, golden on a chain. You wear it in your pocket. It is very English!"
Flores knows he helped De Gea on his path to superstardom and knows all too well his attributes.
 
Watford manager Quique Flores reveals special friendship with Manchester United star
Quique Flores has led Watford to 11th in the Premier League table
 
Watford manager Quique Flores reveals special friendship with Manchester United star
David De Gea made his name at Atletico Madrid
"David has everything, he is more than a goalkeeper," he said. "He is good in the goal and out of the goal. He is in the top three best goalkeepers in the world. With his confidence it will be very difficult to score past him.
"I don't want to hug him before the game but afterwards, of course I will spend time with him."
Louis van Gaal's side have been criticised for their playing style this term but Flores does not agree.
"Are they boring? No, no, no, it is a process," he said. "It takes a long time. For Manchester United whether they are boring or not it is part of the process. It takes long to do everything."

Post a Comment Blogger Disqus

 
Top