Raheem Sterling speaks out on controversial switch from Liverpool to Manchester City
Sterling is confident he made the right move by joining Manchester City
RAHEEM STERLING insists he was right to swap Liverpool for Manchester City.
 
Sterling found himself at the centre of the transfer saga of the summer before City brought an acrimonious episode to a close by sealing a £49m deal for the attacker.
City will be top of the Premier League when Liverpool visit the Etihad after the international break on November 21 and Sterling maintains the switch has benefited him.
"I'm not trying to say I proved anyone wrong," said Sterling. "It's just that I thought at the time it was right for me and my heart was saying that is what I should do and that is what I have done and I have no regrets.
 
"They are both two, big football clubs and I am just happy to be where I am and I am happy with my development at this moment in time.
"It has been a good start to the season and obviously we are still top of the Barclays Premier League and that is always a good feeling, but my form can be better. I think everyone would say that as well, that their form can always be better.
"No one is happy with their performances 100%, but I am a young lad. I am growing and developing."
 
Raheem Sterling speaks out on controversial switch from Liverpool to Manchester City
Sterling made his breakthrough at Liverpool, but created a firestorm of acrimony when he left
England international Sterling spoke as he prepared for Friday's friendly friendly in Spain. Roy Hodgson will put his players through some set-piece training on Thursday before England's scheduled session at the Rico Perez Stadium in Alicante to ensure his plans remain under wraps.
Sterling's international teammate Jamie Vardy was so confident he was destined for the top that he demanded an England clause inserted in his contract - while he was still a non-league player.
The striker, 28, who made his international debut in June in a friendly against the Republic of Ireland, was signed by Leicester City three years ago for £1m from Fleetwood, then of the Conference.
 
Leicester's head of recruitment Steve Walsh revealed: "He was such a confident lad at that time he actually put in his contract, when he joined Leicester, a bonus if he became an England player.
"That is confidence indeed in terms of where he was and where he actually got to. He actually picked that up recently."

Post a Comment Blogger Disqus

 
Top