Man United boss Louis van Gaal reveals Luke Shaw needs time off due to PSV hysteria
Luke Shaw broke his leg against PSV earlier in the season
LOUIS VAN GAAL has given Luke Shaw more time off ahead of his scan this Friday.
 
The England left-back broke his leg when United last played PSV in their Champions League group opener after a challenge from Hector Moreno.
He was ruled out for most of the season but has been walking without crutches in recent weeks.
He is set for another scan on Friday but Van Gaal has given him four days off because he was struggling with the daily routine.
 
Van Gaal: “I think the first match was very disappointing, not only because of the result but because if the loss of Luke Shaw.
“For us he is a very important player and I said in advance already he would be the revelation of the season and he was on his way to do that."
He added: “Shaw was fed up with the daily routine and I saw why he was fed up - maybe because it was PSV.”
 
But the Dutchman insists his players will not target Moreno.
“No, my players are not doing that, I am sure of that," he said.
“I don’t think that shall be an issue. I have said already that was not his purpose.
“In football that can happen and it is not the first time someone in football has had a broken leg.”

Post a Comment Blogger Disqus

 
Top