BRENDAN RODGERS' wait for a return to football goes on after Galatasaray appointed Mustafa Denizli for his third spell as manager.
 
Rodgers, who was sacked by Liverpool last month after a poor start to the season, was linked with the job at the Turk Telekom Arena following the dismissal of Hamza Hamzaoglu.
But today, 66-year-old Denizli was named as their new manager.
 
"It's a great honour to be here. A difficult and challenging task is waiting for me now," he said.
"I am excited to be back with the only club for which I would risk my successes, my reputation."
 
Fresh blow for former Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers as he misses out on Galatasaray job
Brendan Rodgers' hunt for a new job continues
Denizli has managed Galatasaray in the past, between 1987-1989 and 1990-1992, winning the Turkish league in 1988.
 
He has also won the league title with Galatasaray's bitter rivals Fenerbache and Besiktas.

Post a Comment Blogger Disqus

 
Top