Liverpool boss hails 'warm welcome' from Anfield crowd in Europa League clash
Jurgen Klopp said his 'warm welcome' was one the best moments for him last night

JURGEN KLOPP insisted Liverpool's 1-1 draw with Rubin Kazan last night was far from a "masterclass."
 
The Reds went a goal behind after 15 minutes when Marko Devic produced a stunning half-volley.
Klopp's side were allowed back into the game before half-time as Rubin Kazan captain Oleg Kuzman received his marching orders before Emre Can equalised a minute later.
The German admitted his side were far from their best and was pleased with the reception he received from Liverpool's supporters in his first game in charge at Anfield.
 
“Tonight wasn’t a masterclass but it’s not the worst day in my life," he told LiverpoolFC.com. "In the next game we have to work hard – that’s what we did tonight – and we’ll go on like that.
“It was a warm welcome. It was one of the best moments for me tonight, but not the most important.
“Of course, it’s important for all of us and better that people don’t think I should stay outside the stadium, but we don’t have to talk too much about it.
 
Liverpool boss hails 'warm welcome' from Anfield crowd in Europa League clash
Emre Can scored Liverpool's equaliser after 37 minutes
“You can be sure I felt everything positive tonight but then I tried to be concentrated on the game. Usually when I do this, I don’t hear too much during a game because it is work for me and work for the team.
“But, of course, when you come into a new house for the first time, you will receive a [housewarming] present – and I am not quite satisfied with my present tonight, but it was only the first time and I will be back again and then maybe it will be better!”

Post a Comment Blogger Disqus

 
Top