Jose Mourinho: I have not lost the dressing room... my situation at Chelsea is fantastic!
Jose Mourinho insists he has not lost the Chelsea dressing room
JOSE MOURINHO has hit out at suggestions his Chelsea players are not behind him.
Mourinho was plunged further under pressure last night with Chelsea being dumped out of the Capital One Cup by Stoke.

The Blues were beaten 5-4 on penalties by Mark Hughes' side following a 1-1 draw after extra time.

But Mourinho praised his players and refuted claims that he has lost the Chelsea dressing room.
"Honestly, do you think they are not with me? That they didn't give everything to win the game?" he said.

"That is really sad - not sad for me but sad for the players, and I think it is a lack of respect to the players, not to me.

"For me it would be a fantastic situation if the players are against me - I could say we don't have results because the players are against me.
 
"I think what some people write and say is really bad for the players. They tried everything."

Mourinho could be sacked if Chelsea lose against Liverpool on Saturday (12.45pm), having suffered their sixth defeat of the season at West Ham last weekend.

But despite being hit by another misconduct charge from the FA at Upton Park, Mourinho insists he is happy.

Jose Mourinho: I have not lost the dressing room... my situation at Chelsea is fantastic!
Mourinho has struggled at Chelsea this season
"My general situation is fantastic," he added.

"I have a day off tomorrow, a fantastic family. I can sleep well every night. I'm going to enjoy my day and Thursday. It will be one more day like I have had in the last 15 years of my life - honest and dedicated."

Asked if he had had any more reassurances since the weekend about his job, Mourinho said: "I don't need more."

Post a Comment Blogger Disqus

 
Top