International defender hints at Liverpool transfer after rejecting £12m Arsenal move
Schalke's Benedikt Howedes (right) rejected a move to Arsenal this summer
BENEDIKT HOWEDES has reportedly suggested he is keen to join Jurgen Klopp at Liverpool.

Howedes, 27, has never played under former Mainz and Borussia Dortmund manager Klopp after spending his career at Bundesliga rivals Schalke.
The centre-half was was trailed by both Milan and Arsenal last summer but claimed he rejected £12million bids to move.

And Goal now claim the defender has hinted in an interview that he was keen to team up with Klopp.
“A move abroad excites me. England would for sure be an interesting destination," Howedes told Bild.
“Currently I am with Schalke. There are no deals sorted. But of course, for a footballer there are some clubs that are more interesting than others.
“English football is very fortunate to have someone like Klopp in the league, Liverpool is a club with great tradition and values.”


Arsenal were known suitors of the German as manager Arsene Wenger sought defensive recruits over the summer months.
The boss landed Chelsea goalkeeper Petr Cech but failed to sign any outfield players during the transfer window.

Discussing offers for him, Howedes told Kicker at the time: “Milan and Arsenal have really been keen on my services, this is what I am able to confirm.
“Still I have not opted against them, I have decided in favour of FC Schalke 04.
"My job is not done here yet. And, especially after last season, I told myself I do not want to leave this way.
"I am a key player of this club.”

International defender hints at Liverpool transfer after rejecting £12m Arsenal move
Howedes (left) played for Schalke against Arsenal in the 2012/13 Champions League

International defender hints at Liverpool transfer after rejecting £12m Arsenal move
On facing Bayern Munich...

Post a Comment Blogger Disqus

 
Top