Franz Beckenbauer: Liverpool and Jurgen Klopp are a match made in heaven
Franz Beckenbauer claimed Jurgen Klopp is one of the best coaches in the world
FRANZ BECKENBAUER believes Jurgen Klopp and Liverpool are a perfect match as he urged the Anfield club to seize the chance to appoint the German coach as Brendan Rodgers’ successor.
 
Beckenbauer, the former Germany captain and manager, regards the former Borussia Dortmund coach as one of the best in the world and believes he is the ideal candidate to orchestrate a revival on Merseyside.
"He is fantastic,” said Beckenbauer. “He is one of the best coaches I know in the whole world, and he was really a milestone for Borussia Dortmund.
 
“He took over the club and made them into a world-class team. If Liverpool has the chance to sign Jurgen Klopp then they should do it.
“He likes to talk. There are not many coaches left in the world that like to talk so much to the players but he is one of them. Liverpool is also one of the biggest clubs in the world, so Liverpool and Jurgen Klopp is definitely a good combination. He is also a winner.”
Rodgers was sacked on Sunday after the Merseyside derby and has flown to Marbella for a short break before he contemplates returning to management.
 
Franz Beckenbauer: Liverpool and Jurgen Klopp are a match made in heaven
Beckenbauer believes Klopp and Liverpool would be a perfect fit
Klopp is expected to bring Zeljko Buvac and Peter Krawietz, who worked alongside him at Dortmund, to Liverpool but whether there is room for other appointments to his backroom staff remains to be seen.
Former Liverpool striker Robbie Fowler, now an ambassador at the club, admitted he would jump at the chance to be involved.
“I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t interested,” Fowler said. “If a new manager comes in I’d love to be part of the backroom staff. Liverpool is a massive part of my life; if that was to be the case then I would absolutely love that.
“My personal view on Klopp is that he is a very good manager. I don’t know him, I’ve never met him, but looking at it from the outside I was impressed with his performances over in Germany with Dortmund. I like what I see.” 
 
 

Post a Comment Blogger Disqus

 
Top