Kurt Zouma reassures Jose Mourinho over Chelsea transfer fears
Frenchman Kurt Zouma (centre) played at left-back for Chelsea last weekend
KURT ZOUMA says he is happy to fill in at Chelsea as the club struggle to sign a left-back this summer.
 
Zouma, 20, is in line to start in the position against Manchester City this weekend.
The Blues sold first-choice left-back Filipe Luis to Atletico Madrid this summer and are yet to find a replacement.
 
But Zouma insists he will play where Mourinho puts him as Chelsea prepare to face title contenders City at the Etihad Stadium.
"Because I'm right-footed I have never played at left-back. It was different for me positionally so I had to learn quickly and adapt to it," Zouma told chelseafc.com.
 
"It's really not a problem because the boss needed me in that position and I have to give everything for the team.
"They were good experiences for me because I played the games and I always want to be on the pitch enjoying myself. I'm feeling very well."
 
Chelsea are currently trying to lock down Baba Rahman's transfer from Augsburg.
The 21-year-old Ghanaian is valued by his club at around £21million, although Chelsea have been pushing for the fee to be reduced.
They were also reportedly keen on Napoli full-back Faouzi Ghoulam, who could cost the club around £11m.
 
 

Post a Comment Blogger Disqus

 
Top