JOHN TERRY admits he has been rocked by Chelsea's decision to release him at the end of the season - and says he does not want to leave.

 
John Terry devastated after Chelsea tell him that his career at Stamford Bridge is over
John Terry is devastated that Chelsea will not offer him a new deal
 
Terry's revelation came just minutes after he had led .
And the former England captain, who has been at for 18 years since making his debut in 1998, admitted that it took him "days" to get over the decision when he was told.
 
"I went in last week before we beat Arsenal and was told my contract is not going to be extended," he said. "It was said that, when the new manager comes in, things might change. Originally my agent was told over the phone but I wanted to hear it face to face.
"I needed to know now like I have done every January in recent years. Sometimes it takes a couple of months to get things done.
"But unfortunately it's not going to be a fairytale ending, I'm not going to retire at Chelsea. It's going to be elsewhere - which it took me a couple of days to get over.
 
"I want to give everything and finish on a high, on 100 per cent good terms with the club. Mentally I've accepted it now. We spoke about my legacy and coming back to the club when I finish.
"I didn't feel as though I was playing great in the first four or five games of the season - like everyone in the team - and the performances showed that. But since then myself and everyone else has picked up. All I can do is keep my head down and plug on because it'll be my last year at the club.
"The club will move on. No player is ever bigger. Ideally I would have loved to stay but the club's moving in a different direction. No doubt they'll sign one or two great centre-backs. I want to come back as a Chelsea supporter in years to come and see the team doing great."
 
Terry, who has won 14 major honours at Chelsea including four Premier League titles, five FA Cups, three League Cups, one Champions League and one Europa League, vowed that he would not play for another English club.
"I couldn't do that to the Chelsea fans," he said. "I couldn't play for another Premier League club. It will be elsewhere for sure."
Chelsea will have to beat Manchester City in the fifth round and Hiddink said: "It's a final. A huge game."

Post a Comment Blogger Disqus

 
Top