CRISTIANO RONALDO insists he will not become a coach when he calls time on his glittering playing career, according to reports.
 
Real Madrid superstar Cristiano Ronaldo discusses his future plans
Cristiano Ronaldo insists he does not want to go into coaching when he retires from football
 
The Real Madrid talisman, who has been heavily linked with a return to Manchester United, instead wants to live 'like a king' and enjoy himself when he retires. 
"I have a top life, but I think I am going to enjoy it more when I finish my career, when I have time to do what I like," the 30-year-old told Spanish newspaper El Mundo.
"This Saturday there is a boxing bout in Las Vegas and I would like to take my friends and family to see it, and I can't because I don't have time.
 
"I am not going to cry about it now because I am making a sacrifice in inverted commas, but after I want to live like a king."
Ronaldo made 292 appearances for Man United between 2003 and 2009, before moving to Real Madrid for a world record fee of £80million.
And while former Man United team-mate Gary Neville decided to take the step into management with Valencia, the Portuguese international has his sights set on expanding his brand rather than moving into coaching. 
 
"If you ask me now if I want to be a coach, I would say no. Nor a sporting director or president of a club," he added.
"Since I was 27 I have had my own line of clothes and I want my brand to keep growing because football will finish in five, six, seven or 10 years."
Ronaldo has also been attracting interest from Paris Saint-Germain after repeatdely stating that he doesn't want to end his career at the Bernabeu. 

Post a Comment Blogger Disqus

 
Top