RYAN KENT is in the mix to make his Liverpool debut on Friday against Exeter in the FA Cup just days after arriving back at the club.
 
New Liverpool arrival in contention for instant debut
Kent believes he can convince Jurgen Klopp to give him a chance in the first team
 
The 19-year-old made his final appearance for loan club Coventry City on Saturday when they thrashed Crewe 5-0.
But with injuries ravaging the Anfield squad, Jurgen Klopp was forced to recall the talented winger from the Ricoh Arena where he made 17 appearances this season.
And now the teenager is keen to make an instant impact in the Reds first team squad.
 
“There are a number of injuries and a lot of games so that’s why I’ve been recalled,” Kent said.
“Hopefully I can make my debut against Exeter in the FA Cup but I’ll have to see what happens.”
Kent has appeared for the first XI before, making his debut in July against the Brisbane Roar last summer during Liverpool’s preseason tour of Thailand, Australia and Malaysia.
 
And now the England under-20 international believes he is coming back to Anfield a far better player after his time in the Midlands.
“I have to say my game has improved a lot,” Kent told the Coventry Telegraph.
“I feel a much better player after stepping up from under-21s football into a first team.
 
“Tony Mowbray has been excellent with me and I have learned a lot under him both in training and in games. So it’s a big thanks to him.
“I’ve got a feeling of mixed emotions. It’s disappointing to be leaving because I’ve enjoyed it so much at Coventry but I’m also looking forward to the next step in my career.”

Post a Comment Blogger Disqus

 
Top