LOUIS VAN GAAL insists he will not be given the axe at Manchester United.
 
Louis van Gaal: I will not be sacked as Manchester United boss
Louis van Gaal believes his position at Manchester United is safe
 
Van Gaal came under huge pressure as United boss over the Christmas period after a 2-0 Boxing Day defeat to Stoke.

The loss was United's SEVENTH consecutive game without victory and appeared to leave Van Gaal on the brink of being sacked.

However, his side put in an improved display in their goalless draw with Chelsea just 48 hours later and they got back to winning ways with a 2-1 win over Swansea on Saturday.

 
And Van Gaal believes his long-term position is now safe at Old Trafford, with his contract running until the end of next season.

"After this season I still have one year to go," the Dutchman said.

"You know that. And my goals have not changed since I arrived. I have received a contract for three years and was appointed to win prizes. And we can still do that this season."

Van Gaal is not fazed by the impending arrival of Pep Guardiola in the Premier League, who has confirmed he will manage in England next season.
Guardiola is odds-on with bookmakers to replace Manuel Pellegrini at Manchester City but has also been linked with the top jobs at United and Chelsea.

"I'm at the end of my career so for me [his arrival] it's not so interesting," Van Gaal added. "For me what is more interesting is how I take care of Manchester United.

"I said I wanted to come to England two years ago. Some people may look at it [Guardiola's decision] as a little bit strange but you have to set your goals as a manager and he wants to manage in England.

"It is good to have ambitions as a manager and he wants sample the culture of England to sample. I wanted that also and I think it is good he wants it too. Every manager has that right to announce that."

Post a Comment Blogger Disqus

 
Top