LOUIS VAN GAAL insists Pep Guardiola’s intention to move to the Premier League does not put him under pressure.
 
Louis van Gaal: Pep Guardiola will not take my job at Manchester United
Man United boss Louis van Gaal insists his job is safe from the clutches of Pep Guardiola
 
The Manchester United boss welcomed Guardiola’s decision to take the challenge of managing in England but says he is not worried that he could take his job at Old Trafford.
Guardiola is odds on to take over at United's neighbours Manchester City while Van Gaal is confident of seeing out the third and final year on his contract next season before retiring.

 
He said: “I’m at the end of my career so for me [his arrival] it’s not so interesting. For me what is more interesting is how I take care of Manchester United.
“And after this season I still have one year to go. You know that. And my goals have not changed since I arrived. I have received a contract for three years and was appointed to win prizes. And we can still do that this season.
 
“I said I wanted to come to England two years ago. Some people may look at it [Guardiola’s decision] as a little bit strange but you have to set your goals as a manager and he wants to manage in England.
“It is good to have ambitions as a manager and he wants sample the culture of England to sniff. I wanted that also and I think it is good he wants it too. Every manager has that right to announce that. “ 

Post a Comment Blogger Disqus

 
Top