JEFF REINE-ADELAIDE has thanked Arsenal for kick-starting his career following a tough spell at French side Lens.
 
French winger opens up on 'lucky' transfer to Arsenal
Jeff Reine-Adelaide has thanked Arsenal from signing him last year
 
The 17-year-old was snapped up by Lens in 2010 but many years of yo-yo-ing between the first and second divisions brought financial hardship to the club.
In the 2013/14 season they were once again relegated to Ligue 2, and Reine-Adelaide has admitted he
was so grateful when Arsenal signed him last year.
 
"Lens had followed me for a while, they came to supervise me in a district tournament where I was voted best player on the pitch," he said
"They came to my house to discuss things with my parents - everything went really quick [after that].
 
"Lens were in Ligue 1 and had a bit of a financial problem - they didn't have enough players to be competitive.
"We were in the bottom three for most of the season and didn't manage to save the club from relegation.
 
"I was lucky Arsenal came [in for me]. I could have been a Ligue 2 player in France. I'm so grateful to be here."
Reine-Adelaide has since turned heads in the Gunners youth ranks, earning a place on the bench in the last few games, however, is yet to make his first senior appearance.

Post a Comment Blogger Disqus

 
Top