MANCHESTER CITY are competing for silverware on four fronts and midfielder Fernandinho could not be happier to keep churning out the games.
 
Fernandinho insists he is happy to be playing regularly as Manchester City eye silverware
Fernandinho has been a mainstay in Manchester City's starting line-up
 
City are three points off the top of the Premier League as they head to Everton in the first leg of their Capital One Cup semi-final tomorrow.
Manuel Pellegrini's side, who start their FA Cup campaign against Norwich on Saturday, also has a Champions League last-16 tie against Dynamo Kiev to look forward to next month as they rack up the matches.
 
Fernandinho has started all but two of their games in all competitions and the Brazilian international is desperate to keep that run going at Goodison Park as City bid to enhance their prospects of regaining the trophy they last won in 2014.
"My body works best when I'm playing all the time, so when I work more and I play more I feel better," said the 30-year-old, who has barely had a break since playing in last summer's Copa America finals.
"Since I returned from my holidays in the summer, I tried to play straight away - even though I didn't take part in pre season. But I felt good and it carried on from there.
 
"My target is to win the Premier League, the cup competitions and see how far we can go in Europe.
"I can rest at the end of the season and enjoy time with my family. That's when I'll recharge my batteries, not before.
"I just love to play and always want to be involved. Occasionally when I come off during a game I get a little bit angry. But it's only because I want to play in every game and every minute to help my team-mates."

Post a Comment Blogger Disqus

 
Top