ARSENE WENGER has said he is prepared to let his contract run into its final season but admits he cannot imagine managing anywhere else after Arsenal.


Arsene Wenger speaks on his Arsenal future and running for FIFA presidency
Arsene Wenger has ruled out on running for FIFA president
The 66-year-old has just 18 months on his current deal still to run but has put on hold any thoughts of negotiating an extension until well into the final year.
But while he appears to have ruled out heading elsewhere when he does finally sever his ties with the managerial hot seat at the Emirates, that is not to say he is ready to head off into retirement.

Wenger said: “I am completely focussed on doing well and give everything until the end of the season and then go for the next season hopefully. You know that 18 months today for a manager is an eternity!
“I don't imagine at this moment manging anywhere else, but will I stop working once I stop managing at a competitive level? No.
 
“I will always try to work if I have health and try to be useful. Maybe it will be a different level. It could be managing kids or developing young players.
“I can rule out one thing, though. I will not run for FIFA president!

Post a Comment Blogger Disqus

 
Top