Neville: My experience with Ferguson was invaluable but I won't play his Man Utd style
Gary Neville has been appointed as Valencia manager until the end of the season
GARY NEVILLE insists he won't be bringing over Manchester United's style to Spain with him.
 
The former United defender was announced as the new manager of Valencia yesterday after Nuno Espirito Santo stepped down from his role.
Neville will link up with his brother Phil, who will work as his assistant, until the end of the season.
Gary Neville has worked on the coaching set-up alongside Roy Hodgson and played under Sir Alex Ferguson in his career, but has no previous managerial experience.
 
But the 40-year-old insists he will not attempt to play Ferguson's style of play with Valencia.
"I'm not going to insult Valencia by saying I'm coming over here and playing football like Manchester United," Neville told reporters.
"My experience with Sir Alex Ferguson is invaluable but when you talk about style it will be very different against Barcelona at the weekend to against Lyon [in the Champions League] next week.
 
Neville: My experience with Ferguson was invaluable but I won't play his Man Utd style
Gary Neville says his experience with Sir Alex Ferguson is 'invaluable'
"Every coach wants to play attacking football to entertain the fans but we've also got to find a way to win."
Neville’s first match in charge will be their home Champions League clash with Lyon on Wednesday and the former England international appreciates the value of Valencia's famous Mestalla Stadium.
"I understand, from playing against Valencia, the passion and intimidation of the fans and I want to recreate and harness that," he said.
"I'm aware of the traditions here at Valencia - I've played out here a few times against some fantastic wingers.

Post a Comment Blogger Disqus

 
Top