Javier Hernandez reveals how Louis van Gaal forced him out of Man Utd
vier Hernandez says Louis van Gaal told him he had a 1 per cent chance of playing
JAVIER HERNANDEZ has revealed a lack of playing time forced him to leave Manchester United over the summer.
 
The striker, who was once a fan favourite at Old Trafford, .
And the 27-year-old has admitted he had no option but to leave the club following a conversation he had with the Dutchman about game time.
 
"I didn't have the intention to leave [on loan in 2014], but I wanted to have more playing time," he told Spanish TV show Fiebre Maldini.
"Van Gaal told me that he already had his strikers, that I would have to fight for a place but could take an offer if an opportunity arrived.
 
"The board then told me that I could go on loan to Real Madrid and it was not a difficult decision for me.
"Then I returned to Manchester. I started to have opportunities but one day I spoke with Van Gaal.
 
"I had only a 1 per cent chance of playing so I needed to make magic, so I moved to Bayer Leverkusen."
Hernandez made 103 Premier League appearances for United between 2010 and 2015, scoring 37 goals in the process.

Post a Comment Blogger Disqus

 
Top