GUUS HIDDINK believes Premier League clubs need to stop being 'afraid' of appointing home-grown managers.
 
Guus Hiddink: Alan Pardew proves English managers deserve a chance… like this man!
Crystal Palace manager Alan Pardew has impressed new Chelsea boss Guus Hiddink
 
The interim Chelsea manager comes up against Alan Pardew on Sunday whose impressive season with Crystal Palace makes him currently the highest-placed English manager in the country.

But Hiddink feels that Pardew's example should encourage more chairmen to investigate the talent that is available locally rather than automatically calling for an international 'name' – a point made by the Palace boss himself in a recent interview.

The Dutchman is especially convinced now he has had a chance to work alongside another unheralded talent, Chelsea assistant Steve Holland.
 
"Palace are doing well," he said. "Pardew did a marvellous job in this period he's working there. If you see the statistics, if you have a team which are scoring 23 goals in 19 games and conceding just 16, then he's well organised with his team."

"I agree with Pardew. I didn't read the interview but, in general Britain should have more home-grown coaches, and I'm working now in the recent days with my staff... I'm very happy.

"I'm very happy with what Steve Holland and his staff brings up. I'm very impressed with his performance. In my opinion, although maybe not having big names, they must be given the opportunity to do bigger jobs than they normally do.

"I've been impressed with how well Steve has managed and cooperated. Clubs shouldn't be afraid, at least to interview and give British managers a chance."

Post a Comment Blogger Disqus

 
Top