GUUS HIDDINK admits Chelsea will be in touch with Crystal Palace to discuss the Patrick Bamford situation.
 
Chelsea manager Guus Hiddink reveals talks over striker ahead of January transfer window
Patrick Bamford confirmed he's returning to Chelsea this week
 
Bamford ended his loan spell at Selhurst Park on Monday straight after the goalless draw with Swansea.
The Chelsea striker joined Palace at the start of the season hoping to gain Premier League experience but failed to make a single start.
He came off the bench six times with Palace flying in fifth place.
 
He was supposed to stay for the whole season but slammed the deal as "terrible" before back-tracking today and insisting he enjoyed his time at the club.
Bamford is expected to go back out on loan in January, with Middlesbrough and QPR possible destinations, although he will hope for another chance in the top flight.
And new Blues boss Hiddink admitted the situation was not yet resolved.
 
“[It’s] an issue between the two clubs, us and Palace,” he said.
“The managers and directors will talk about that situation.”
Bamford was approached after coming off the bench against Swansea and confirmed he was leaving Alan Pardew's side.
"It has been terrible," he said. "I would have been more content if I had been given a chance and not taken it.
 
Chelsea manager Guus Hiddink reveals talks over striker ahead of January transfer window
Bamford failed to make a single Premier League start for Palace this season
 
"I haven't started a game in the Premier League, so for a young player like me that is not what you need."
He added: "I was frustrated because there weren't many strikers scoring. Connor [Wickham] only scored his first goal last week.
"As a striker, it might be short-sighted of me but obviously scoring goals is a striker's job. 
"If you are not playing and the other strikers are not scoring and you are not getting a chance, obviously I was pulling my hair out."
 
However, today he changed his tune.
"I want to apologise. I've really enjoyed my time at Palace, the lads were brilliant, the gaffer and training were great," he said.
"I couldn't have been at a nicer club. I'm just disappointed I couldn't do more for the team."

Post a Comment Blogger Disqus

 
Top