Liverpool News: Klopp apology, Swansea star's transfer hint, Man Utd battle for left-back
Jurgen Klopp has retracted his comments about Liverpool fans
NEWS NEWS BLOG SPORT brings you the latest Liverpool news.
 
The German was unhappy after supporters left Anfield before the final whistle in the 2-1 loss to Crystal Palace earlier this month.
But in his column ahead of tonight's Europa League tie with Bordeaux, Klopp clarified his comments.
“Anfield is a special place and we need to make sure it is a place where we play our best football and get our best results.
“If we are to be successful and achieve what we want, this will be absolutely crucial. There is no reason we cannot do this and I’m really pleased we are back home tonight and again at the weekend to give us these chances.
“Of course the responsibility for this lies with us and we are fully aware of this. After the Crystal Palace game I made some comments about supporters leaving the ground after we fell behind for the second time and I want to use these notes to clarify my point.
 
“It is us, the team, who must make it so that you never want to leave Anfield while the game is still in progress. It is us who have to put this right. It is us who have all this responsibility.
“It is us who have to make you believe, no matter what stage of the game, that we are still fighting and capable of producing something incredible.
“If this was portrayed as different, this is my fault and I am sorry if it felt like I was putting the responsibility towards our supporters. This was not meant to be the case.
“I have said before that one of my faults is that I talk too much sometimes and allow my emotions to dictate what I say. This was one of those occasions.”
 
The Ghana international has scored six goals in 13 Premier League games since arriving on a free transfer from Marseille in the summer and his displays have led to speculation regarding a move to Liverpool.
"Before signing for Swansea, there were offers from some big clubs," Ayew told French radio station RMC.
"It was a decision that was really well thought out. I took my time, weighed up the pros and cons, my age, what I wanted to accomplish in football and how I should get there.
"Swansea brought me everything that I wanted, whether on a sporting or a financial level, but I am ambitious so we'll see what happens in the future."
 
Manchester United are also understood to be interested in the 18-year-old and both clubs sent scouts to watch the defender play on Tuesday night.
But Walsall manager Dean Smith said: "It's going to take a hell of a lot of money to take Rico away from this football club.
"Every player has a price don't they? We all know that. But it would take a very big offer and I'm not sure he'd want to go, at the moment, as well.
"Despite all the clubs linked, nobody has approached the football club. He wants to keep developing and playing in first-team football games."

Post a Comment Blogger Disqus

 
Top