Jurgen Klopp: The problem I have managing Liverpool
Jurgen Klopp insists he has no time to celebrate Liverpool's good form
JURGEN KLOPP has admitted he is struggling with Liverpool's congested fixture list.
 
The Liverpool boss saw his team move up to sixth in the Premier League after a 1-0 win over Swansea yesterday.

The victory was the Reds' third on the bounce but Klopp insists he does not feel any momentum growing at the club.

That is because of Liverpool's busy schedule, with the German overseeing a midweek game during every week of his tenure bar the international break.
 
"Maybe I should feel it but I don't. We play again on Wednesday, that is my problem," Klopp said.

"I would like to feel better and say 'Three days off celebrating a good week' but we don't have time for this.

"We are on the road next week (at Southampton and then Newcastle on Sunday) so it is difficult - but of course we feel good.

"Monday we will be back in the race and preparing for Southampton."
 
Klopp also revealed there was good news on playmaker Philippe Coutinho, who has been sidelined with a hamstring injury.

"Philippe had a very intensive session on Saturday but we decided two or three days ago that we didn't want to risk [him] for this game," he added.

"Now I think he's fit. I think he's ready for Southampton."

Post a Comment Blogger Disqus

 
Top