Baba Rahman reveals the Chelsea legend who helps him through 'difficult' days
Michael Essien enjoyed plenty of success with Chelsea during his nine-year stint at the club
BABA RAHMAN admits he has struggled to settle in at Chelsea but has harnessed the help of a former Blues star to get over his difficulties.
 
Rahman, 21, has revealed that Michael Essien is helping the defender cope with life at Stamford Bridge.
for Jose Mourinho's side since his £21.7million switch from Augsburg in the summer.
And he told the London Evening Standard that he discusses his issues with fellow Ghanaian Essien.
 
"I feel a lot more pressure here than at Augsburg and Michael has helped me with that," Rahman said.
"Chelsea's season has not been going well, but Michael told me to just keep playing my game and to try to improve each match.
"Michael knew I was coming to Chelsea in the summer. He has helped me a lot. He has been giving me advice since I joined, telling me to keep fighting and that I will be a success here.
"I have been in contact with him since the start of the season. It's great to have someone like Michael taking an interest in me and I get a lot of tips from him.
"He is a big hero in Ghana. I like him a lot personally. He is one of the greatest players Ghana has ever produced.
 
Rahman was subbed off with 20 minutes remaining in before the international break.
The defender, who played for Greuther Furth before joining Augsburg in 2014, has completed just one game in the Premier League.
 
Baba Rahman reveals the Chelsea legend who helps him through 'difficult' days
Baba Rahman (centre) has made just seven appearances for Chelsea this season
"It was difficult when I came here," he added.
"But I am trying to incorporate myself into the team.
"It's difficult to get in the side, but when you have the chance you just have to perform."
Rahman is expected to get game time when Chelsea, who sit 16th in the table, host Norwich tomorrow (3pm).
As for Essien, the 5ft 10in ace joined Chelsea in 2005 and left the club for Milan last year.
He is currently under contract at Greek side Panathinaikos but is yet to make an appearance this season.

Post a Comment Blogger Disqus

 
Top