WOJCIECH SZCZESNY is an "uncontrollable lunatic" and a risk to Roma's title hopes, says Juventus goalkeeper Stefano Tacconi.
 
Szczesny, 25, is on loan in Rome from Arsenal for the season.
Roma are currently sat third in Serie A, one point off league leaders Fiorentina and Inter.
But Szczesny has kept just one clean sheet all season and has come under criticism for recent performances between the Rame sticks.
 
“He’s a good goalkeeper, there’s no doubt about that,” Tacconi, who made his name during a nine0year playing stint at Juventus in the '80s, told Gazzetta TV. 
“But he’s an uncontrollable lunatic – he’s completely mad. And for this reason he’s a risk.
“What rating would I give him? 7.5.”


Arsenal's 'uncontrollable' player still open to transfer
Wojciech Szczesny has kept just one clean sheet all season for Roma
But the stopper may struggle to get games back at the Emirates Stadium, with Petr Cech solidifying his place ahead of David Ospina.
"I'm an Arsenal player and I have a contract with Arsenal, so if they want me back, I go back," he said this week.
"I am happy here and will always give my maximum here, but what happens after happens."

Post a Comment Blogger Disqus

 
Top