ANIT XHAKA has played down talk of a move away from Borussia Monchengladbach as Arsenal reel from the news of Francis Coquelin's two month absence with injury.
 
It is the latest injury blow to hit Wenger with Mikel Arteta, Alex-Oxlade Chamberlain, Theo Walcott, Jack Wilshere, Danny Welbeck and Tomas Rosicky also on the sidelines.
 
Wenger could now enter the transfer market to solve his midfield crisis and Xhaka has been among the names mentioned as a possible target.
He said: "I’ll do what’s needed in January even though in January it is not an ideal transfer market."
 
Arsenal transfer target speaks out over future as Wenger considers Coquelin replacement
Granit Xhaka is reportedly a transfer target for Arsenal
But the Swiss international still has three-and-a-half years left on his current deal with Monchengladbach and says he is "enjoying life" at the club.
"I am under contract until 2019 here and I am really enjoying life at the club," he told Sky Deutschland.
 
"This is all that matters to me, for the rest I have got my advisor and my father!"

Post a Comment Blogger Disqus

 
Top