ARSENAL will rekindle their interest in Inter striker Mauro Icardi come January, according to reports in Italy.
 
Icardi, 22, was closely over the summer, claim newspaper Tuttosport.
They even reportedly had a £32million bid for the Argentina international rejected, report BBC Sport, before switching their interest to .
Yet their efforts to land a striker during the off-season came to naught and manager Arsene Wenger is expected to spend in January because of it.
 
Icardi, who earlier this month was thought to be on , has scored just four times for Inter this season.
The former Sampdoria front man has been in hot water in Italy over his fury temperament on the field, with some analysts likening him to Milan loanee Mario Balotelli - a comparison he rejects.
"I don’t identify with Balotelli," . "I don’t know him at all.
"There are no similarities between us."
 
Arsenal back in for striker despite Inter Milan rejecting pricey £32m summer bid
Mauro Icardi scored his fourth goal of the season for Inter last weekend
Icardi scored in Inter's 4-0 win over Frosinone last Sunday to lift he San Siro club two points clear of Napoli and Fiorentina at the top of Serie A.
Inter have won four games straight, coinciding with an upturn of form for Icardi, who drew comparisons to compatriot Lionel Messi this week.
“There are several great footballers in South America,” Icardi told Goal.
 
“I try to do my job and I'm happy with what I did last season, and because of that I could receive this award.
“But it will be hard to become the best South American striker because there are a lot of outstanding players from Argentina.
"I'm Argentine and that's why I admire Messi most. For me, he's the best player in the world.”

Post a Comment Blogger Disqus

 
Top