Sergio Ramos: Why I rejected £150,000-a-week deal at Manchester United
Sergio Ramos says he never felt like leaving Real Madrid
SERGIO RAMOS insists he never wanted to leave Real Madrid.
 
The centre-half today signed a new five-year contract at the Bernabeu worth an estimated £123,000 a week after tax.
Manchester United had wanted to sign the 29-year-old and offered Real around £30million for the Spain international.
 
But Real snubbed the offer and today confirmed their star man will remain at the club until 2020.
"This is a dream that I want to enjoy for as long as possible," he said. "I thank my president, my agent, brother and friends.
 
"Thank you for your professionalism. You have been here at all times.
"My family has been by my side and helped me maintain a personal and professional balance.
"Thank you to the fans, my coaches and peers. To sign for this club is an honour and a privilege, as is wearing the captain's armband."
 
Ramos was reportedly offered a £150,000-a-week contract to join United manager Louis van Gaal at Old Trafford.
It was understood that he as unhappy with life at the Bernabeu, although Real had him locked down to a contract until 2017.
Asked what encouraged him to renew, he said: "There is no bigger club in the world. My happiness is my priority in any decision.
"The money has never moved me. Happiness and family are my priorities. I never said I wanted to leave Real Madrid."

Post a Comment Blogger Disqus

 
Top