Roberto Soldado: Why I had to leave Tottenham after two 'difficult' years
Tottenham sold Roberto Soldado to Villarreal this week
ROBERTO SOLDADO says he lost his confidence at Tottenham.
 
The Spanish striker completed his £10million transfer to Villarreal last week - ending a two-year spell in the Premier League.
He arrived at White Hart Lane for a club-record £26m fee after impressing at Valencia.
 
But the 30-year-old struggled to bed in at the north London club and conceded the move affected his game.
"This is a very important step in my career," Soldado said at his presentation, according to Marca.
 
"I've been away for two years in which I haven't been able to give my best, but I'm convinced that I can score lots of goals for Villarreal.
"I've spent two very difficult years in England where I lost my confidence. Villarreal's interest has given me the enthusiasm and will to do great things.
 
"When their offer arrived I didn't hesitate as it is a great opportunity to return to Spain and join a big club.
"I want to return to play at a good level and score lots of goals. I want to go back to being the player I used to be."
Soldado scored just 16 goals in 76 appearances for Spurs, having first attracted club scouts after netting 81 times in 141 matches for Valencia.

Post a Comment Blogger Disqus

 
Top