QUIQUE FLORES expects Manuel Pellegrini to lead Manchester City to the Premier League title despite the shadow of Pep Guardiola looming large over the Etihad Stadium.
 
Watford boss reckons Pellegrini can lead Man City to title despite Guardiola rumours
Watford boss Quique Flores backs Manuel Pellegrini to win title with Man City
 
But Flores, who went head-to-head several times with Pellegrini in La Liga, believes the Chilean is too professional to allow the speculation to de-rail City's title bid.
Ahead of City's visit to Vicarage Road today he said: "Of course he [Pellegrini] is capable of winning the title. He is one of the best managers in the Premier League. In the last 10 years he has been one of the best managers in the world.
 
"I love Pellegrini. He is a gentleman and is always confident about his work. He has experience and he can live perfectly well with this kind of situation. Pellegrini will not be worried about that.
"You need to accept sometimes that your period is finished and another period is coming. You can't do anything. Accept the situation, be confident to transmit to the players you are a good professional, so you can keep focus on the team and for sure Pellegrini now is thinking about winning the Premier League."
Wilfried Bony, meanwhile, is praying for an injury and illness-free 2016 after a difficult first year with City following his £28million move from Swansea last January.
 
The Ivory Coast striker, who has had hamstring and ankle injuries plus a bout of malaria, said: "Obviously I've had problems with injuries and I was ill but this is football. For five years I haven't been in this position but sometimes you can't control what's happening.
"I just try to do my best every game. My hopes for 2016 are to be fit for the whole season and to win a trophy for City.
"Scoring goals is most important for getting the confidence back. I know what I can do. Your first enemy is yourself so I just think about doing better and trying very hard to do my best in every game."

Post a Comment Blogger Disqus

 
Top