JAMES RODRIGUEZ has revealed he is pissed off at claims he is overweight.

 
Manchester United target James Rodriguez: I am pissed off at Real Madrid
James Rodriguez could not help Real Madrid avoid a draw in his first start under Zinedine Zidane
 
News News Blog Sport exclusively revealed yesterday that Manchester United are in talks over signing Rodriguez.

The Colombia international has been on the fringes of things at the Bernabeu this season, making just 14 appearances this season.

Rodriguez made his first start under new boss Zinedine Zidane on Sunday, as Real fell to a disappointing 1-1 draw with Real Betis.
 
The 24-year-old has been criticised by the Spanish press for a perceived lack of professionalism and accused of being overweight.

Rodriguez also fell into trouble with police after being clocked speeding at 125mph.

And after the draw with Betis, the 2014 World Cup star hit out at his critics.

"The talk really pissed me off," Rodriguez said. "My people know how I act and that I always seek to take good care of myself.
 
"I'm a professional but what's been said about me going out a lot at night is a lie. It really pisses me off that people doubt me and say I'm looking fat."

On his high-speed pursuit by police, Rodriguez added: "I was not going as fast as everyone says.

"I had music playing at a high volume [that's why I could not hear the sirens] I'm not stupid, if I would have seen them I would have pulled and apologised - people make mistakes."

And on Zidane replacing Rafa Benitez, he said: "The change has been good for the team."

Post a Comment Blogger Disqus

 
Top