CHELSEA boss Guus Hiddink is waiting on Loic Remy to prove himself at Stamford Bridge.

 

Guus Hiddink tells Chelsea striker: I need you to deliver
Guus Hiddink wants Loic Remy to deliver for Chelsea
 
The 29-year-old French striker hasn't featured since he came off the bench in 's 3-1 over Sunderland last month - their first match since they sacked Jose Mourinho - because of an ankle injury.
Remy has been linked with a move away from the Blues, with Newcastle, Swansea and Aston Villa all interested.
 
But Hiddink has confirmed that Remy is back in full training and he's part of his plans, with Chelsea slowly beginning to climb the Premier League table after their awful start to the season.
"With the multitude of games coming up I hope Loic Remy will deliver if he is needed," Hiddink told the club website.
Chelsea's star striker Diego Costa limped off in the 2-0 win over Scunthorpe in the FA Cup on Sunday but he's set to start tonight against West Brom, with Remy likely to be named on the bench.
 

Hiddink added: "I hope he [Remy] and Diego Costa will stay fit and I hope Remy can make his next step and get even more fit.
"I haven’t seen that much of him because he has repeatedly got injured. I have seen him in training the last few days but before that it was yes, no, yes, no, so I am curious."
Chelsea's other striker, Radamel Falcao, is still sidelined with the thigh injury he sustained at the end of October and .
"Falcao is just with the physios working," added Hiddink. "It is purely medical what he is doing now; he is not on the pitch. He is completely in the doctors’ and physios’ hands. 
"If he is declared fit then it will take time to get him game-fit so I don’t know how long, I don’t know how many weeks."

Post a Comment Blogger Disqus

 
Top